After the ban on smoking in the pubs and the workplace, our home remains the only place where we can light a cigarette without breaking the rules. But how can we get rid of the heavy and unpleasant smell? Naturally, the most rational solution is to deny cigarettes, but if this has not happened yet, we offer you some tricks to remove the smell of cigarette smoke.
One of the drawbacks of cigarette smoke is that it permeates the walls, carpets, curtains, and furniture of the dwelling, thus remaining long after smoking. And if you are a non-smoker, then most likely this scent will irritate you even more.
- Start by ventilating the house well - it's good to make a stream and leave it for at least 10 minutes, so fresh air can circulate around the rooms and drive away the smell of cigarettes.
- Then spray the walls with a sprayer filled with water and lemon juice or water and white vinegar in a 2: 1 ratio. Carpets sprinkle with soda bicarbonate and leave it for one night. Soda has the ability to absorb unpleasant odors without leaving traces. In the morning, run a vacuum cleaner to clean the grains.
- Use a special ashtray flavor - sold in most home grocery stores. If you do not get one, soaked cotton swab with vinegar does the same thing. Some put a paper tape on the door lock in the smoking room so that the smell of cigarettes does not spread. Others put charcoal in the corners.
- Surely you know about the trick with the lighted candles. The flame absorbs the smoke. If you expect guests who are smokers and do not want to make them satisfy their nicotine hunger on the terrace, this is a good decision. It will also create a pleasant atmosphere.
- Small bowls of vinegar, located in several places in the smoking room, are also a good option. If you do not like the smell of vinegar, then try using activated charcoal, which can be found in pharmacies.
- If you have cats at home, be sure your toilet will also help you in removing the smell. Put some of it in the ashtray. It will successfully absorb the bad smells.
- In order to get rid of the smell of carpets and furniture (which do not have zippers) that can not be washed frequently, sprinkle with the soda for cooking. Stay in the evenings, and in the morning go with a vacuum cleaner.
- To make your home smell good, despite the constant smoke raids, soak a few cotton swabs with vanilla extract. Place them in different places in the smoking room. Vanilla naturally absorbs bad smells and leaves a pleasant scent.
But the safest way to protect your home from the smell of cigarettes is if you politely ask your guests to smoke on the balcony.